Sunday, June 8, 2014

Optimal Wellbeing

Hello all. Optimal well-being is what I desire. I have been on a quest for it for a couple of decades now. One thing that I realized early on was that I was preoccupied with the physical aspect of health. I wanted to be desirable in my appearance. As my physical health, or abilities, increased- I noticed that some new stressors were added to my mindset. I enjoy this course because it reinforces my awareness that improving the inner self can alleviate many non physical ailments. So, as to my physical health- put me down as a 10. Since I have been searching within myself for improved character and self worth, my psychological well-being is at a 9. Granted I do have times of hardship, but that is all part of the experience of being alive. My spiritual well-being is at a 6. I have had a hard time understanding the concepts of all these different religious aspects and it confuses my mind.
I am improving in the love-kindness and opening my heart to the sensations. I have been blessed all my life with having a form of greater guardianship over me. Now I am taking time to translate the signs and the suttle advise that my watcher has been subliminally showing me. My goal is to increase my love, kindness, and compassion through practice. I intend to do exercises in the book such as breathing in negativity and breathing out love to others. I also will continue physical exercises and take more time to meditate and stretch. I intend on joining others in their forms of prayers and allowing my mind to expand on the many possibilities of joining the collective energies. Most religious practicing individuals want peace and love, and I will try to join the this collective unconsciousness.
As I tried the exercise of the prism breathing, I felt a tingling sensation. My body became lighter, my pulse slower, and with the more breaths I took my mind didn't feel so heavy. This is a similar technique that I do at night sometimes when laying in bed. I close my eyes and breath deep. As my body relaxes more, I mentally trace the connections of my body from head to toe and imagine the location of such parts as it travels. Then I take the heavy inner feelings and guide them out of my body with my arms starting with fingers pointed at feet. Then I bring my arms up my center of body and then extend them out sending such heavy energies back out to the universe to be recycled. Sounds funny, but that's just me.

2 comments:

  1. What was your overall experience with the loving-kindness exercise? From your post you seemed to have enjoyed it. Did you find any aspects of the exercise difficult? I didn’t have as much enjoyment or a good grasp on this week’s loving-kindness exercise. I hope that I can eliminate what was bothering me and that my second go around will be much more rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    This is pretty interesting...with the night exercises that you do, are they something you came up with yourself (or another influence)? Do you ever go from your feet upward toward the top of your head? What you describe is similar to some exercises that a fella describes when working with energy and astral travel...anyway, was curious...To me it's strange and pretty interesting the scale that people use to gauge themselves...anywy, enjoyed the post/blog...take care.
    -John Vondra.

    ReplyDelete