Tuesday, June 24, 2014

unit 6

  1. The exercise process for loving-kindness is where I try and calm my mind and rest my heart by not being so anxious in thoughts and beats per minute. As I take a few minutes to slow myself down then I can repeat the exercise sentences to myself. In the assessment process I am also calming my mind and heart rate to a sense of stillness or quietness. One in a relaxed state I now reflect on my life and my personal being. I am to realize where I have difficulties and acknowledge the fact that I need to better them. I also will then think on other aspects of life and determine where I am ready to enhancement. If I am experiencing satisfaction, why not expand on it and take it to a higher achievement. 
  2. I have discovered that I have difficulties understanding the mentality of society. That when people are together in a group they behave differently. Rules and guidelines clash and opinions and beliefs get in the way. I have a difficult time fitting in and I tend to not engage in groups of people of more than 3 that I do not know. I also have found that my faith or beliefs are small and not as complicated as entire religions. I do not place much faith in one supreme being that has a master plan for every individual. We live and die- that is the plan, and everything in the middle is up to us. I have chosen these two issues to focus on and grow with. The exercises actually stimulate the mind, body, spirit in a way that is similar to those that strictly read the books of religion. I can also improve societal behaviors with study and observation to create awareness. There are so many observable patterns to life and healing that are out there. I just have to continually clear my mind and accept all the information with an open mind and heart. Meditation, fitness, body feel, and loving-kindness are excellent activities to improve my inner awareness.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I really appreciate that you identify difficulty with social mentality...I have similar challenges, and find that the larger the group the more strange/dull things become...kind of like eating cardboard for a meal...anyway, good luck in your effort(s)...

    ReplyDelete